Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: The Maze Runner


The Maze Runner
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Romance factor: If you are looking for romance, keep looking, dystopian romance lovers. :( There are many other dystopians that have better romances. I haven't read many books in which there is a male protagonist, and to be honest, they are usually the hardest for me to get into. I'm happy to say that "The Maze Runner" finally turned around my male protagonist bad streak. I really rooted for Thomas (Tom)and cared about the relationships he had with the others. There WERE a couple of things that frustrated me in this story, I really couldn't visualize some of the things and I always felt that there were too many questions and not enough answers, but I suppose that is the point. I stalled a bit in the beginning, but once the story gets going it gets GOING and the book is hard to put down. Too bad I had to do actual things like work and sleep and such... :) I wouldn't say this was my favorite book that I've read this year, but I definitely wanted to continue the story and cared for some of the characters. This story is definitely a first of the series, so maybe not the most exciting ever, but there are a lot of building blocks and so many questions. Overall, it is a good read and I have started the next book in the series,"The Scorch Trials" which is already a super-fast paced story that is making me excited and has me flipping the pages. Recommended.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment